Ninas Project

In the beginning I spent most of my time cleaning the greasy bicycle parts. 

After mounting them on a perorated metal plate the time had come to create some movement.

IMG_3584

This turned out to become the hardest part since the whole construction was wobbly and bicycle chains are not a friend of wobbliness. 

First we tried a electronic magnet as an engine, but the movement was far away from smooth. Even after a lot of adjustments it was not working. I was close to throw in the towel, but luckily it was lunchtime and my lovely colleagues already prepared some delicious food. Well nourished and highly motivated by the fact that I only had a few hours left to finish my project I went back to the workshop. Time helped me to find a working windshield wiper motor, we adapted it a litte and tadaaaa the smooth movement I (kind of) imagined was suddenly happening.

After adding some light and paper the shadow play prototype was working. 

http://youtu.be/kbAOaMDbg4Y

I am super happy with the outcome of the workshop and had a great time at Times Up! Thanks to everyone spending these days there with us. 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s