Tim suggested we work on a 2nd mechanism on top of the 1st layer so that we can launch stuff with more momentum and control. I started off with a small hinge that would balance the long bar on top. Had some trouble with the drill and broke off the first piece, then struggled aligning the holes on each side.
After the 3rd try I had a small hinge that works with a proper piece that has aligned holes and is loose enough to move.
At this point I had a basic mechanism that works, but I doubted that the small hinge would be enough, so before leaving I found 2 small parts and a thin rod to mimic the first level I already developed that was working.
My plan is to make a hole through the bar and let it rotate on the thin rod and create the hinge out of a larger piece. The last part would be to find a solution for the stopping mechanism that is connected to the ground.
Last but not least, second day bonus cat photo: